Let’s start off the post-lockdown craze! While the weather still leaves much to be desired, a wide range of gallery openings and art events all over Vienna offer a dry space to escape the harsh weather, a warm welcome, and maybe even a glass of wine or two to wake up those rusty post-lockdown social skills. From PARALLEL VIENNA launching their new concept of PARALLEL VIENNA EDITIONS to the Austrian-wide gallery-initiative “Open days – New Shows“, and the Vienna Biennale for Change Festival, the city is overflowing with fantastic opportunities to show your beautiful (mask-covered) face! Our Vienna Weekly aims at presenting you the best places to be. Check it out, come tested or vaccinated, and enjoy!
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
TUESDAY, May 25
WEDNESDAY, May 26
- Festival Opening: PARALLEL VIENNA EDITIONS | Parallel Vienna | Lehargasse 8, 1060.
- Exhibition Opening: Araki | Albertina Modern | Albertinaplatz 1 | 1010.
THURSDAY, May 27
- Festival Opening: VIENNA BIENNALE FOR CHANGE 2021 | MAK | Stubenring 5, 1010.
- Exhibition Opening: Ecologies and Politics of the Living – Vienna Biennale for Change 2021 | AIL – Angewandte Innovation Lab | Ehemalige Postsparkasse | Georg-Coch-Platz 2, 1010 | 7:30 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Collective Action Viewer – Vienna Biennale for Change 2021 | Universität für angewandte Kunst Wien | Karlsplatz, 1010.
- Online Festival Opening: Vienna Shorts | 7:30 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Ines Doujak – Landscape Painting | Kunst Haus Wien | Untere Weißgerberstraße 13, 1030.
FRIDAY, May 28
- Gallery Festival Opening: Open days – New Shows | Joint openings of many galleries throughout Vienna and Austria | 28 – 29 May 2021.
- Exhibition Opening: Now Is I Know – Constanze Schweiger | Wonnerth Dejaco | Ballgasse 6, 1010.
- Closing Exhibition: MERD SAPLO und die Götterspeise | 12-14 contemporary | Schleifmühlgasse 12-14, 1040 | Closing Performance 6pm.
SATURDAY, May 29
- Closing Exhibition: Marlie Mul – Sperms Going to a Fashion Show | Croy Nielsen | Parkring 4, 1010.
- Closing Exhibition: Richie Culver | Leisure & Tourism | Galerie Lisa Kandlhofer | Brucknerstrasse 4 | 1040
- Closing Exhibtion: SEVERANCE, a duo exhibition with Marina Faust (AT) and Sebastian Jefford (UK) | Gianni Manhatten | Wassergasse 14 | 1030.
- Closing Exhibtion: Elisa Alberti . Michael Bauch . Theresa Eipeldauer . Sebastian Koch . Fritz Panzer | Galerie Krobath | Eschenbachgasse 9, 1010.
SUNDAY, May 30
- Closing Exhibition: ANDY WARHOL EXHIBITS | mumok | Museumsplatz 1, 1070.
Please always follow the advised safety regulations during your visit: Wear a FFP2-mouth-and nose protection, keep 2 meters distance and do not form groups.