With a new, additional art fair in town and many exhibition openings, this first summer week in Vienna is everything but boring. Grab your sunglasses, your hand fan, and set out to explore!
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
Tenant of Culture
Puzzlecut Boot Miscellaneous, 2021
MONDAY, June 21
- Film, talk: Elfie Semotan, Photographer | Filmcasino | Margaretenstraße 78, 1050 | 7:00 pm | in German.
TUESDAY, June 22
- Exhibition Opening: JULIA AVRAMIDIS – Nichts als Bilder mit Licht und Bewegung | Galerie Ernst Hilger | Dorotheergasse 5, 1010.
- Exhibition Opening: JURA SHUST – Neophyte II | EXILE GALLERY | Elisabethstrasse 24, 1010.
WEDNESDAY, June 23
- Exhibition Opening: Hoisted With Our Own Petard | Krinzinger Schottenfeld | Schottenfeldgasse 45, 1070 | 6:00 pm.
- Theater play: Four Days in September – Wichaya Artamat / For What Theatre | Wiener Festwochen | brut nordwest | Nordwestbahnstraße 8-10, 1200 | 7:30 pm | in Thai with German and English subtitles.
THURSDAY, June 24
- Fair Opening: SPARK | Marx-Halle | Karl-Farkas-Gasse 19, 1030.
- Open studios and exhibitions: OPEN HOUSE 2021 | Creative Cluster | Viktor-Christ-Gasse 10, 1050 | 2:00 – 10:00 pm.
SATURDAY, June 26
- Closing Exhibition: NIKI PASSATH – Telerobotic Painting | Lukas Feichtner Galerie | Seilerstätte 19, 1010.
- Closing Exhibition: TENANT OF CULTURE | Galerie Sophie Tappeiner | An der Hülben 3, 1010.
- Closing Exhibition: ANOUK LAMM ANOUK – post/pre and Lesbian Sex | Hotel Sacher | Philharmonika Straße 4, 1010.
- Performance: Wühlen im Archiv III | Kunstraum NÖ | Herrengasse 13, 1010 | 11:00 am – 3 pm | Limited capacity, please sign up at anmeldung[at]kunstraum.net.
Let’s enjoy art safely: Please respect the 3G rule (proof of vaccination, proof of a negative Covid-19 test, confirmation of a past Covid-19 infection). Please keep in mind that some events may require registration.