Festival Summer is back in town! Starting off with the big Angewandte Festival all the way to the Sonic Territories sound art festival in Seestadt Aspern to the transdisciplinary and decentralized art festival XX ART FLÂNERIE, you can discover art in literally every corner of Vienna,. Ready, set, go!
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
Alice Ripoll / Cia REC – Lavagem © Renato Mangolin
MONDAY, June 28
- Dance performance: Lavagem – Alice Ripoll / Cia REC | Wiener Festwochen | brut nordwest | Nordwestbahnstraße 8-10, 1200 | 8:30 pm.
TUESDAY, June 29
- Festival opening: Angewandte Festival | University of Applied Arts Vienna | multiple locations | every day: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm | till Friday, July 2.
- Forum: Fair Culture: Dekoloniale Strategien für faire Kulturpolitik | Volkskundemuseum Wien | Laudongasse 15–19, 1080 | 3:00 – 10:00 pm | in German.
- Keynote and collective action: Unkrautpflege [Weed Cultivation] – by and with ADRIEN MISSIKA | MAK Museum of Applied Arts | Weiskirchnerstraße 3, 1010 | 6:30 pm | registration required.
WEDNESDAY, June 30
- Exhibition Opening: After the Revolution – LONE HAUGAARD MADSEN, IRINA LOTAREVICH, FLORIAN MAYZ, ANNA SCHACHINGER, SOPHIE THUN | Sophie Tappeiner | An der Hülben 3, 1010 | 12:00 pm.
- Book Presentation: ART BIOGRAPHY. MARGOT PILZ. LEBEN. KUNST. | Kunsthalle Wien Karlsplatz | Treitlstraße 2, 1040 | 6:00 pm | in German.
THURSDAY, July 1
- Exhibition opening: DOMINIQUE GONZALEZ-FOERSTER, FRANTISEK LESAK, KARIMAH ASHADU | secession | Friedrichstraße 12, 1010 | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition opening: The Mirror and Its Neighbour – SEBASTIAN GRANDE, PETER VARNAI, CLEMENS TSCHURTSCHENTHALER | 12-14 contemporary | Schleifmühlgasse 12-14, 1040 | 7:00 pm.
- Performances: Sodom Vienna – Freudenhaus | Sigmund Freud Museum | Berggasse 19, 1090 | 7:00 pm | till Sunday, July 4 | Triggerwarning: in marked rooms you may see nudity, sexual performances and urinating.
- Festival opening: Sonic Territories | Aspern Seestadt | multiple locations | 3:00 pm | till Sunday, July 4.
FRIDAY, July 2
- Festival opening: XX ART FLÂNERIE | Vienna, multiple locations | 5:00 pm | till next Thursday, July 10.
- Exhibition opening: Till We Have Faces – STINE ØLGOD & KATHARINA SCHILLING | Gallery AAAA | Kaschlgasse 4, 1200 | 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm | till Friday, July 4.
SATURDAY, July 3
- Open house: Independent Space Index 2021 | Vienna, multiple locations | 12:00 pm | till Sunday, July 4.
Let’s enjoy art safely: Please respect the 3G rule (proof of vaccination, proof of a negative Covid-19 test, confirmation of a past Covid-19 infection). Please keep in mind that some events may require registration.