After spending the weekend enjoying the spring sun, do you find yourself wondering what to get up to? To take the guessing work out of what’s happening in Vienna this week, we’ve traditionally put together a list of some of the best events and activities to keep you occupied. Exhibition opening of Walter Pichler, Hanakam & Schuller in Galerie Krinzinger, first institutional solo show of the Polish-Lithuanian duo Dorota Gawęda and Eglė Kulbokaitė in Kunstraum NOE, and closings of some remarkable shows in Felix Gaudlitz and Zeller Van Almsick – be ready for new discoveries!
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
MONDAY, March 28
- Online Opening: Iron Men: Fashion in Steel | Kunsthistorisches Museum | Facebook and Youtube of the museum | 7:00 pm.
- Screening: Re@Evolution by Eva Petrič and Rupert Huber | Künstlerhaus | Karlsplatz 5, 1010 | 6:00 pm.
TUESDAY, March 29
- Opening: Dreamland | AG18 – Urban Art Gallery | Annagasse 18, 1010 | 6:00 pm.
- Book Presentation: VERSION 5 by Manfred Grübl and Linda Klösel | secession | Friedrichstraße 12, 1010 | 7:00 pm.
WEDNESDAY, March 30
- Exhibition Opening: Walter Pichler, Hanakam & Schuller | Galerie Krinzinger | Seilerstaette 16, 1010 | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: pornotopia revised | Kunsthalle Exnergasse | Währinger Straße 59, 1090 | 7:00 pm.
THURSDAY, March 31
- Exhibition Opening: Kathi Hofer: Pictures | Galerie Gabriele Senn | Schleifmühlgasse 1a, 1040 | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition & Performance: Oh, make your fingernails into spades, Your palms into shovels | Kunstraum NOE | Herrengasse 13, 1010 | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Bodo Korsig and Jürgen Paas | GPL-contemporary | Pressgasse 30, 1040 | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Open Studios: Open Fashion Studios | multiple locations in Vienna and Graz | March 31 – April 1.
FRIDAY, April 1
- Exhibition Opening: Get It While You Can! | NeverAtHome | Schellinggasse 13, 1010 | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Beate Schachinger: Ein-Zelle – Zellatmung | Kunstzelle vor dem MQ | 5:00 pm.
SATURDAY, April 2
- Exhibition Opening: Tobias Pils – Between Us Space | Galerie Eva Presenhuber | Lichtenfelsgasse 5, 1010 | 11:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- Exhibition Closing: Vera Lutz – Das lebendige Haus | Felix Gaudlitz | Werdertorgasse 4/2/13, 1010.
- Exhibition Closing: Laura Schawelka – Volatile | ZELLER VAN ALMSICK | Franz-Josefs-Kai 3, 3rd Floor, Suite 16, 1010.
Let’s enjoy art safely: Please respect the current Covid-Rules and in mind that some events may require registration.