With this upcoming week comes the equinox, and an official welcoming of summer! As our greeting to summer, we are highlighting the large selection of exhibition openings in Vienna this week. From various off-spaces of the Independent Space Index 2022 to private galleries, from diploma presentations in the Academy of Fine Arts to shows by prominent artists: all unmissable offerings are in our selection.
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
TUESDAY, June 21
- Exhibition Opening: Ariel Hassan: And The World Will Naturally Settle | Gallerie Crone | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: La Turbo Avedon: Pardon Our Dust | MAK – Museum of Applied Arts | 7:00 pm.
- Diploma Presentations: PARCOURS. FINAL WORKS 2022 | Academy of Fine Arts Vienna | multiple locations | until Friday, July 1.
WEDNESDAY, June 22
- Exhibition Opening & Location Closing: WHATEVER U DO – I LOVE IT | galerie michaela stock | 4:00 – 10:00 pm | until July 2.
- Exhibition Closing: Claudia Comte: An Impending Disaster (HAHAHA) | König Galerie.
THURSDAY, June 23
- Exhibition Opening: Abdul Sharif Baruwa: Jugendzimmer | EXILE | 5:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Paul Purgas: Scattered Fire | Kunstverein Gartenhaus | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Nancy Haynes: a madeleine dipped in ink | Galerie Hubert Winter | 6:00 pm.
FRIDAY, June 24
- Festival Opening: Independent Space Index 2022 | multiple off-spaces and locations | until June 26.
- Exhibition Closing: Roman Pfeffer and Peter De Meyer: Ich und Ik | Galerie Raum mit Licht.
SATURDAY, June 25
- Exhibition Closing: Tiffany Sia: Minor Landscapes | Felix Gaudlitz.
- Exhibition Closing: Michael Riedel: Erfolg | Gabriele Senn Galerie.
- Exhibition Closing: Allen Jones: Boutique | Galerie Ernst Hilger.
- Exhibition Closing: Franz Koglmann and Markus Mittringer: Stuck Passt! Aufnahmen | Konzett Gallery.
- Exhibition Closing: Marielis Seyler: Momentum Frau | Lukas Feichtner Gallery.
- Exhibition Closing: Kiki Kogelnik | Kunstforum Wien.
SUNDAY, June 26
- Exhibition Closing: gegen den strich | Wien Museum MUSA Startgalerie.