We missed you! Our team is back from holiday and ready to share outstanding art experiences, top exhibitions, and festival openings in Vienna! Find our list of recommendations below.
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
TUESDAY, October 4
- Exhibition Opening: Sanja Iveković. Works of Heart (1974–2022) | kunsthalle wien | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Selma Klima: sticks and stones | Q21 Brückenpassage | 6:00 pm.
- Performative Installation: GOO GOO MAK by Doris Uhlich | MAK – Museum of Applied Arts | 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
WEDNESDAY, October 5
- Exhibition Opening: Europe’s Best Buildings: European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture. Mies van der Rohe Award 2022 | Architekturzentrum Wien – Exhibition hall 2 | 7:00 pm.
- Festival Opening: Reaktor International Film Festival | Reaktor | 7:00 pm.
- Discussion: Art as an Intersection of Knowledge and Feelings | with Péter Küllői and Una Meistere | Krinzinger Schottenfeld | 6:00 pm | Register here: email@example.com.
- Exhibition Opening: Holobiont. Life is Other | AIL – Angewandte Interdisciplinary Lab | 7:00 pm.
THURSDAY, October 6
- Exhibition Opening: Magdalena Los: last drop | curated by Franca Zitta | [tart vienna] – Galerie Elisabeth & Klaus Thoman | 6:00 pm.
- Workshop: Positive Interference Lab #5 with Klaus Speidel and Anna Longo | Galerie Krobath | 4:00 pm.
- Curator’s Tour: Stanislava Kovalcikova: Choreografie der Körper | with Johanna Hofer | Belvedere 21 | 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
FRIDAY, October 7
- Exhibition Opening: Emília Rigová: Changes | mumok | 7:00 pm.
- Start of the Program: Wiener Tschech*innen und Slowak*innen 2022 | Volkskundemuseum Wien | 5:00 pm.
SATURDAY, October 8
- Festival Closing: Curated by | multiple locations | 12:00 – 4:00 pm.