Austrian National Holiday is a common day off for most citizens, so use it wisely and fill it with some art! Multiple museums are opening their doors for free this day so you can have a look at their collections. And if you feel like experiencing something completely new: Gregor Podnar, a new gallery in town, has its inauguration opening just a night before! Find out more below…
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
TUESDAY, October 25
- Gallery & Exhibition Opening: New Entry. Vienna | Gregor Podnar | Volksgartenstraße 3, 1010 Vienna | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Lecture: Vasyl Cherepanyn: The Great European War and the Predicament of Internationalism | Depot | 7:00 pm | in English.
- Exhibition Opening: Herbert Hinteregger: How to (Untitled) | Georg Kargl Fine Arts | 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
WEDNESDAY, October 26
- Doors Open Day: Architekturzentrum Wien, Volkskundemuseum Wien, Literaturmuseum, Globenmuseum, Papyrusmuseum, Esperantomuseum, Haus der Geschichte Österreich and many others | see opening times of the respective institutions.
THURSDAY, October 27
- Exhibition Opening: Tocador | VBKÖ – Vereinigung bildender Künstlerinnen Österreichs | 7:00 pm.
- Free Entry: Look | Heidi Horten Collection | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
FRIDAY, October 28
- Exhibition Opening: Mary Ellen Carroll: THEIR TABLE IS TOO LONG | Galerie Hubert Winter | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Myles Starr: “Happy” “35th” | VIN VIN | 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Katja Strunz: Eingeschlossene Zeit | Galerie Krobath | 4:00 – 7:00 pm.
- Curators Tour: Stefanie Moshammer: We Love Our Customers | with Sophie Haslinger | Kunst Haus Wien | 5:00 pm | in German.
SATURDAY, October 29
- Performance-Workshop: Sunny Pfalzer: Teen-Spirit Self-Defense | Kunstraum NOE | 12:00 am – 3:00 pm.