The weather might be getting worse and rainy, but Vienna’s cultural life blossoms as if it were spring. Get an overview of the top exhibition openings and events for this week including the group show Death and the Maiden in Kunstforum Wien, the exhibition ACTING IN THE NOW featuring the nominees for the Ö1 Talent Scholarship, and attend the 30 years anniversary celebration at Kunsthalle Wien. Check the whole list below:
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
TUESDAY, November 1
- Discussion: Conversation Piece: On death and its place in our life | with the intensive care physician Dr. Gunnar Gamper | MAK – Museum of Applied Arts | 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
WEDNESDAY, November 2
- Exhibition Opening: Digital I – Artefakte | OstLicht. Galerie für Fotografie | 7:00 pm.
- Public Art: The Wall: Mural Opening in Vienna | the project by the cultural agency Port. together with the Ukrainian Institute and in collaboration with Calle Libre | Pfeilgasse 1, 1080 | 12:00 pm.
- Finissage: Oleg Kulik: Silent Dog Whistle | DIT. Vienna | 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
THURSDAY, November 3
- Exhibition Opening: Death and the Maiden – Der Tod und das Mädchen | curated by Lizaveta German, Maria Lanko, The Naked Room Kyiv | Kunstforum Wien | 7:30 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Johanna Odersky: Memory Aids | Shore | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Alex Ruthner: Dream On | Hotel Altstadt | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
FRIDAY, November 4
- Exhibition Opening: ACTING IN THE NOW | featuring the nominees for the Ö1 Talent Scholarship for the Visual Arts 2022 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Insiders: Ellie Hunter & Anastasia Sosunova | Loggia | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Backyard Economy | Universitätsgalerie im Heiligenkreuzer Hof | 6:00 pm.
SATURDAY, November 5