Another festival wave in town! The Vienna Art Week will turn all spotlights on the Viennese art scene for the 18th consecutive year. The ROTLICHT festival will present experimental and hybrid approaches to analog photography. And transition international queer & minorities film festival will showcase the diversity of minorities within the lgbtiqa+ spectrum. And apart from that countless openings, workshops, and guided tours! See what we’ve highlighted this week…
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
TUESDAY, November 15
- Exhibition Opening: Patterns & Structures | Projektraum Viktor Bucher | 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: After February 24 | Hilger Next + HilgerBROTKunsthalle | 7:00 pm.
- Open House: Leopoldi-Tag | Leopold Museum | Free entry | 10:00 am – 9:00 pm.
WEDNESDAY, November 16
- Exhibition Opening: Ernst Haas: The Art of Seeing | WestLicht. Schauplatz für Fotografie | 7:00 pm.
- Film Festival: transition int. queer & minorities film festival | Schikaneder | until November 20 | 7:00 pm.
- Outdoor Exhibition: Rotlicht: Festival for analog photography | Museumsquartier Wien | 4:00 pm.
THURSDAY, November 17
- Exhibition Opening: Matthieu Haberard: Kids Fight | Gianni Manhattan | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Lucy Beech: Warm Decembers | Kunstverein Gartenhaus | 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Festival Opening: Rotlicht: Festival for analog photography | multiple locations | Festival Headquarters: Semper Depot | 6:00 pm.
FRIDAY, November 18
- Festival Opening: Vienna Art Week | multiple locations | until November 25 | 3:00 pm.
- Performance: The Gym: Bodies & Buildings | by God’s Entertainment | Soho Studios | also on Saturday, November 19 | 9:00 pm.
SATURDAY, November 19