The vibrant city of Vienna has a week full of exciting art events awaiting you! Nika Kupyrova, who exhibited in ZONE1 at viennacontemporary this year, presents new works in her solo exhibition at Bildraum 07. Maruša Sagadin, Slovenian artist based in Vienna, receives one of the most notable Austrian art awards – Otto Mauer Preis. And do not forget to make a booking in the framework of the Homesick festival – a series of performances that take place in private homes! Here are our picks you shouldn’t miss!
Vienna Weekly presents a selection of weekly exhibition openings, (online) talks, and art events taking place in Vienna. Discover the contemporary side of the city.
MONDAY, November 21
TUESDAY, November 22
- Exhibition Opening: SUITE Zeichnung 22 | Galerie Sturm & Schober | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Nika Kupyrova: Woman in Green | Bildraum 07 | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Asgar/Gabriel: Obscure thing and the sun | Galerie Ernst Hilger Wien 1 | 7:00 pm.
- Award Ceremony: Otto Mauer Preis 2022: Maruša Sagadin | Festräume des Erzbischöflichen Palais | 7:30 pm.
WEDNESDAY, November 23
- Exhibition Opening: Ulrike Johannsen & Anton Stoianov: nameless | Exile | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Vadim Fishkin: The Island of the Day Before | Franz Josefs Kai 3 – Raum für zeitgenössische Kunst | 7:00 pm.
THURSDAY, November 24
- Exhibition Opening: Christian Eisenberger: Co Co On vs Co Co Off | Krinzinger Schottenfeld | 7:00 pm.
- Exhibition & Editions: Vienna Art Week: IG Editionen Hängung #3 | IG Bildende Kunst | 6:00 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Anita Schmidt & Kristina Kulakova: Gentle Spiral | Salon am Schwarzenbergplatz | 6:30 pm.
- Exhibition Opening: Gerwald Rockenschaub | Belvedere 21 | 7:00 pm.
FRIDAY, November 25
- Festival Opening: Homesick Festival | presented by das weisse haus | multiple private premises | until December 18 2022.
- Exhibition Opening: mixed up with others before we even begin | mumok | 7:00 pm.
- Festival Closing: Vienna Art Week | multiple locations | Festival Headquarters: House of CHALLENGING ORDERS – Wiedner Hauptstraße 140.
SATURDAY, November 26
- Festival Closing: Rotlicht: Festival for analog photography | multiple locations | Festival Headquarters: Semper Depot.